Home World Australia NSW duo denied SA entry found in Adelaide

NSW duo denied SA entry found in Adelaide

A NSW duo sent packing after trying to cross into South Australia during the week have been arrested in Adelaide, as the state records one new COVID-19 case. The 25-year-old man and 20-year-old woman tried to cross the border at Pinnaroo on Thursday, claiming they were headed interstate to sell a dog. They were refused entry and turned back to NSW, but police stopped their NSW-registered car in the Adelaide suburb of Kilburn on Saturday afternoon. The pair were charged with breaching COVID-19 directions and have been denied bail ahead of a court appearance on Monday. The arrests came as the state recorded one new case – a man aged in his 20s – of coronavirus. He had returned from interstate and has been in quarantine since his arrival. The addition means there are four active cases of COVID-19 in South Australia. Police warned South Australians to reconsider travel to Queensland after new cases of community transmission in the Sunshine state. Commissioner Grant Stevens said while people are allowed to return to SA from Queensland, it’s possible renewed restrictions will be imposed at short notice. A Brisbane man was infected after eating at the same restaurant as an infected woman charged with illegally entering Queensland. Authorities initially indicated he caught the virus from a family member, but Queensland Health said he was a direct contact of one of three women returning from Melbourne who allegedly lied on their border passes. Mr Stevens said no decision had been finalised regarding the re-introduction of travel restrictions with Queensland, nor was any date for changes being considered. But he said the situation would continue to be monitored. The warning came after a South Australian paramedic tested positive after going to Victoria to help test people for coronavirus. The woman in her 20s volunteered to help with testing operations in Melbourne to deal with with the current surge in cases. She returned to Adelaide on Wednesday and remains in isolation along with one close contact. Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said the woman followed all the proper procedures with protective equipment but an infection in such circumstances was “part of the risk of this sort of work”. “She absolutely followed the correct infection control processes,” Prof Spurrier said. “This is risky business.” It was also revealed that 170 people were expected to arrive in Adelaide on Saturday on a repatriation flight from India. All will go into hotel quarantine with officials expecting at least some to have COVID-19. South Australia has reported four COVID-19 deaths and and 443 people have been cleared of the virus. Australian Associated Press

https://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform/v1/crop/frm/silverstone-feed-data/6c57109f-29d5-4d57-8c05-bb3f6a0e3988.jpg/r0_74_800_526_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

A NSW duo sent packing after trying to cross into South Australia during the week have been arrested in Adelaide, as the state records one new COVID-19 case.

The 25-year-old man and 20-year-old woman tried to cross the border at Pinnaroo on Thursday, claiming they were headed interstate to sell a dog.

They were refused entry and turned back to NSW, but police stopped their NSW-registered car in the Adelaide suburb of Kilburn on Saturday afternoon.

The pair were charged with breaching COVID-19 directions and have been denied bail ahead of a court appearance on Monday.

The arrests came as the state recorded one new case – a man aged in his 20s – of coronavirus. He had returned from interstate and has been in quarantine since his arrival.

The addition means there are four active cases of COVID-19 in South Australia.

Police warned South Australians to reconsider travel to Queensland after new cases of community transmission in the Sunshine state.

Commissioner Grant Stevens said while people are allowed to return to SA from Queensland, it’s possible renewed restrictions will be imposed at short notice.

A Brisbane man was infected after eating at the same restaurant as an infected woman charged with illegally entering Queensland.

Authorities initially indicated he caught the virus from a family member, but Queensland Health said he was a direct contact of one of three women returning from Melbourne who allegedly lied on their border passes.

Mr Stevens said no decision had been finalised regarding the re-introduction of travel restrictions with Queensland, nor was any date for changes being considered.

But he said the situation would continue to be monitored.

The warning came after a South Australian paramedic tested positive after going to Victoria to help test people for coronavirus.

The woman in her 20s volunteered to help with testing operations in Melbourne to deal with with the current surge in cases.

She returned to Adelaide on Wednesday and remains in isolation along with one close contact.

Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said the woman followed all the proper procedures with protective equipment but an infection in such circumstances was “part of the risk of this sort of work”.

“She absolutely followed the correct infection control processes,” Prof Spurrier said.

“This is risky business.”

It was also revealed that 170 people were expected to arrive in Adelaide on Saturday on a repatriation flight from India.

All will go into hotel quarantine with officials expecting at least some to have COVID-19.

South Australia has reported four COVID-19 deaths and and 443 people have been cleared of the virus.

Australian Associated Press

Read More

Must Read

Taylor Swift Sweeps No. 1 Areas on Artist 100, Hot 100 and Signboard 200 Charts

Beth Garrabrant Taylor Swift She spends a record-extending 38th week atop the Artist 100. For the eighth time in her career, and for the first time since 2015, Taylor Swift rules the Billboard Artist 100, Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200 charts simultaneously. Swift tops all three rankings (dated Aug. 8) as her surprise new…

Wie traurig, recht zu behalten

An diese Produktion von „Così fan tutte“ wird man lange denken. Sie ist ein Glück, ein Wunder, ein Fest, so wie Wolfgang Amadeus Mozarts „Figaro“ in der Regie von Claus Guth und unter der Leitung von Nikolaus Harnoncourt es 2006 gewesen war. Damals gelang Christine Schäfer als Cherubino – zart, zerbrechlich, liebesfiebernd – ein Rollenporträt…

aep epe paccaa, a poe caoo, aocpoa yo o “poo pyc” poee

Художественный руководитель Мариинского театра Валерий Гергиев в рамках первого международного дискуссионного форума #ArtSpace 3 августа поделился планами о будущей репертуарной политике коллектива. Дирижер рассказал, что самоизоляция стала для него крайне продуктивным временем. «Я никогда не проводил столько времени в размышлениях, как за эти 4-5 месяцев, – признался он. – Я никогда не отслушивал столько записей…

Nach “Leberkäsjunkie”: So geht es im Kino mit den Eberhofer-Krimis weiter

Am 3. August 2020 um 20.15 Uhr zeigt Das Erste „Leberkäsjunkie“, den sechsten Fall von Franz Eberhofer. Und danach ist noch lange nicht Schluss für den Provinzpolizisten: Zwei weitere Eberhofer-Krimis fürs Kino befinden sich bereits in Produktion ... 2019 Constantin Film Verleih GmbH / Bernd Schuller„Dampfnudelblues“, „Winterkartoffelknödel“, „Schweinskopf al dente“, „Grießnockerlaffäre“, „Sauerkrautkoma“ und „Leberkäsjunkie“: Bereits…

How Taylor Swift’s Folklore performed around the globe

One thing is for sure when Taylor Swift releases an album: it's going to be a really big deal. Taylor's eighth studio album, the surprise-released Folklore, proved no different, becoming one of the biggest albums of 2020 in the first week of its release. Globally, the song broke Apple Music streaming records, setting a new…