Serena Williams anticipating a ‘hard match’ against sister Venus, however believes it can be perfect US Open prep
Serena Williams says her Front runner Open clash with sibling Venus Williams can be the ideal preparation for the US Open.
Serena lost the very first set to Bernarda Pera in Kentucky however powered back to win 4-6, 6-4, 6-1, before after confessing she was struggling with some rust having not bet so long.
She is positive that Venus will provide her a huge test ahead of the US Open though, and she’s not expecting it to be like their training sessions.
” I have a really difficult match in the next round [against Venus], but it is excellent in general because I have not played,” Serena Williams told reporters.
” A lot of gamers have actually been playing little things and little matches and betting other gamers however I have actually only been training.”
Despite dropping the first set, she was eventually delighted with her efficiency versus Pera too.
” This was actually good for me, I was missing out on shots however I resembled ‘oh, I should probably strike it that method’ so it was trying to return into the swing of things.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and get ₤250/$350 of FREE EQUIPMENT including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 fitness instructors, shorts, t-shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win fantastic prizes by entering our competitions
- Discover More about your favourite gamers including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Have a look at the latest tennis equipment with our tennis equipment reviews
- Get regular updates in our famous complimentary newsletter
- Check out in depth features with spectacular photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t go to the competitions you enjoy? Have a look at our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social networks at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5%DISCOUNT RATE for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothes, shoes & devices with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner