Home Health & Medical Vietnam reports 4 new COVID-19 cases as epicentre Danang prepares to test...

Vietnam reports 4 new COVID-19 cases as epicentre Danang prepares to test entire population

HANOI: Vietnam’s health ministry on Sunday (Aug 2) reported four new coronavirus cases, including two locally transmitted and two imported cases.

The Southeast Asian country has registered a total of 590 cases, of which 144 infections are linked to the recent outbreak in the coastal city of Danang. Vietnam has recorded three deaths, the health ministry said in a statement.

Danang plans to test its entire population of 1.1 million people for COVID-19, authorities said on Saturday.

The Health Ministry said that up to 800,000 visitors to Danang have left for other parts of the country since Jul 1, adding that more than 41,000 people have visited three hospitals in the city since.

READ: Vietnam says up to 800,000 left COVID-19 epicentre Danang since Jul 1

Local medical officials in Danang have conducted 8,247 coronavirus tests in the city since Jul 25, when the latest cluster was first detected. Testing capacity will be increased to 8,000-10,000 per day, the governing authorities said.

Vietnam has detected new coronavirus cases in other cities, including Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, with links to Danang.

Meanwhile, authorities of the capital city, Hanoi said late on Saturday it had carried out around 49,000 tests since Thursday after the city ordered mass testing for all people who recently returned from the popular coastal city.

READ: COVID-19 surges in Asia bring warnings over complacency

Dr Kidong Park, the World Health Organization’s representative in Vietnam, told Reuters the country had been preparing for the possibility of wider community transmission, after the country reported its first case in January.

“The government has always been determined to ensure that its people are protected from COVID-19 by keeping the country’s relatively low number of cases and controlling the transmission within the community,” Park said in an emailed statement.

BOOKMARK THIS: Our comprehensive coverage of the coronavirus outbreak and its developments

Download our app or subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak: https://cna.asia/telegram

Read More

Must Read

Coronavirus update: WHO team in China had ‘extensive discussions’ with scientists in Wuhan, Philippines records daily case high

The World Health Organization says a team sent to China for preliminary investigations into the origins of the coronavirus had "extensive discussions" with scientists in Wuhan.Meanwhile, The Philippines has recorded the highest number of daily cases yet in all of South-East Asia as a new lockdown comes into effect.This story will be updated throughout Wednesday…

Phil Schiller advances to Apple Fellow

PRESS RELEASE August 4, 2020 Greg Joswiak joins Apple executive team as senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing Phil Schiller becomes an Apple Fellow after a storied career that began in 1987. Cupertino, California — Apple today announced that Phil Schiller will become an Apple Fellow, continuing a storied career that began at Apple in…

Az X-Faktor énekesnője meseszép menyasszony volt

Horányi Juli nevét 2014-ben, az X-Faktor ötödik évadában ismerte meg az ország. Egészen a döntőig menetelt, ahol Tóth Andi mögött a második helyen végzett.  A tehetségkutató műsor vége után felvette a YOULÏ művésznevet. 2017-ben jelent meg az első, 2019-ben a második albuma.   Horányi Juli esküvője Horányi Juli nagy tisztelője és rajongója Cserháti Zsuzsának. Dénes Viktor…

Rocio Munoz Morales si ‘separa’ da Raoul Bova: “Non averlo vicino è …”

Home   >   Gossip   >   Rocio Munoz Morales si ‘separa’ da Raoul Bova: “Non averlo vicino è…” Scritto da Marco Santoro, il 4 Agosto, 2020 , in Gossip Rocio Munoz Morales lontana da Raoul Bova: “Non averlo vicino è l’unico rammarico” Nei giorni scorsi si è diffusa la voce su una presunta…

Kultūra piesardzīgi atgriežas klātienē. Dairas Āboliņas ieteikumi šonedēļ

Kinokritiķe un kultūras žurnāliste Daira Āboliņa šonedēļ producē LTV kultūras ziņas, paralēli vērtējot kultūras notikumus "Kilograms kultūras" žūrijā. Viņa sagatavojusi savu notikumu izlasi LSM.lv lasītājiem šonedēļ. Marija Linarte izrādē "Trīs māsas"Foto: Krists Luhaers Klasikas un modernisma apvienojums teātra izrādē Izrāde ar konsekventu vizuālo risinājumu un ļoti precīzu, būtībā pašpietiekamu vērtību – Antona Čehova tekstu krievu…